Early Stage Researcher 11 - Lotan Kraun - Wit-Gele Kruis van Vlaanderen, Brussels, Belgium
A practice guideline for empowerment in transitional care decision making
Currently, Lotan has submitted his Doctoral Provisional Plan and initiated a comprehensive systematic review focusing on operational definitions, interventions, evaluation instruments, and barriers and facilitators in the process of empowerment in transitional care decision-making. Lotan has already had a first secondment at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel), and in the coming months, Lotan will conduct further professional secondments at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and at AGE Platform Europe (Belgium).
Dr. Kristel De Vliegher, Prof. Dr. Theo van Achterberg
Wit-Gele Kruis van Vlaanderen (community nursing organisation), Brussels, BE
Objectives of the project:
- To identify strategies that empower senior citizens and informal caregivers to fully participate in transitional care decision making
- To identify facilitators and barriers for their empowerment
- To develop practical guidance for this empowerment in daily community-based care.
- Comprehensive overview of strategies for the empowerment of senior citizens and their informal caregivers in transitional care decision making
- Comprehensive overview of barriers and facilitators that hinder such empowerment in daily practice
- Guideline for empowering senior citizens in decision making.
The expected results will be informed by literature reviewing, additional documents analyses and interviews with the target groups, experts and stakeholders. From all the resulting insights, the ESR will develop a generic practice guideline to assist care professionals in enabling empowerment in decision-making.
- Academic secondment & Joint degree university 1:
KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Theo van Achterberg
- Academic secondment & Joint degree university 2:
Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva, Israel
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Moriah Ellen
- Non-academic secondment:
AGE platform Europe, Brussels, Belgium
Supervisor: Borja Arrue